Did you know that on average, Americans consume as many as 250 eggs a year! That’s a whole lot of eggs! It’s no wonder why, either; they’re healthy, filling, and very satisfying. From scrambled eggs for breakfast to sandwiches for lunch, and even frittatas for dinner – eggs make a great meal at any time of the day!
Eggs are nutritional and offer lots of protein, minerals, vitamins A, B and D, iron, and folic acid.
If you love eggs, but you just don’t have the time to prepare them, or you can’t seem to get the knack of making them properly, then an egg cooker is an absolute must! The following appliances will simplify the cooking process so you can enjoy the best eggs you’ve ever tasted!
TL;DR Best electric egg cookers
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Egg Cooker Buying Guide
With all the information regarding what type of egg cookers are available on the market with their features and functions compared, you are sure to have come across some products that caught your attention. But before you fix your mind on one, it is essential to have an insight into a few factors that are important to know before buying an egg cooker, which we will be discussing in the next section.
Egg holding capacity
One of the main advantages of egg cookers is that they can cook multiple eggs at a time. But how many eggs you can cook at a time can vary from one egg cooker to another. Also, the trays for poaching eggs and making omelets can have varying capacities, so make sure that you check it out to suit your requirements.
The size of egg cookers do not vary greatly, but it is good to find an egg cooker that will not take up too much space on your kitchen counter and has a compact design where you can store all the extra accessories such as the measuring cup, the trays and the power cord inside, once you are done using it so that it fits nicely in your kitchen storage area and does not make it look disorganized.
Egg cookers are usually made of plastic, aluminum, stainless steel, or combinations of these. The lid is usually made of plastic and the base has an inner heating plate that is made of a heat-conducting material. Plastic lids can have advantages like they are light, will not become too hot, and tend to be transparent, allowing you to see what is going on inside the cooker.
But the downside of plastic is that they do not look sleek and are not as durable as steel. Another important thing to be considered about plastic cookers is whether they are free of any toxic chemicals such as BPA since many of the parts will be coming in direct contact with your food. Steel or aluminum egg cookers are durable but they can heat up during the cooking process so it should be kept far from children’s reach.
Egg cookers would not have been so useful if you had to stand and watch the cooker do its job, waiting for it to finish so that you can take the eggs out since this would be the same as you patiently waiting for the eggs to be boiled in a pan on the stovetop.
What makes the egg cookers the ultimate time-savers in your kitchen is their feature to automatically turn themselves off when the eggs are ready and alert you in a visual or an audible way so that you will know that the eggs are ready. A few egg cookers do not have the ability to turn themselves off and only have an alarm to notify you and some cookers will only turn themselves off without any alarm, whereas some can do both.
Although egg cookers are great kitchen tools that can be your best helping hand in the kitchen, making it easier for you to make the perfectly cooked boiled eggs, delicious deviled eggs, poached eggs, omelets, egg salad, etc. they have to be handled with care since they can become hot during the cooking process. One thing to be careful about is the steam outlet that most egg cookers have.
You should not go near this hole on the lid since hot steam will be coming out of it. The lid should also be opened after waiting for a little while when the cooker notifies you of the completion of the cooking so that all the steam has come out before you open the lid. The eggs also have to be pierced at the wider end, using the piercing pin that is built on the base of the measuring cups, which is necessary to prevent the eggs from bursting inside the cooker can causing a mess. Once you maintain proper safety precautions and follow the instructions given in the manual of your cooker, you will be safe using the egg-cooker all the time.
Electric egg cooker reviews
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of electric egg cooker. If you plan to buy an electric egg cooker online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
DBTech Automatic shut-off Electric Egg cooker
Cook eggs with the DB-Tech DB-EGG50 quickly and you can pick from soft, medium or hard-boiled.
It is extremely easy to use just measure out and add the required amount of water using the markings on provided measuring cup.
The amount of water you pour in controls the cooking time. The cooker will automatically shut off once it detects that there is no more water in the cooker and the alert buzzer sound off to lets you know that the eggs are ready.
If your worried about the cleanup, don’t’ be its simple. All you need to do is just wipe out the base using a cloth with small amount of soap and water.
Be aware that the unit does not turn off until you physically switch it off. You will know when to turn of the unit when the buzzer starts to sound.
- Get perfectly boiled eggs every time with this compact, easy-to-use Egg Boiler
- Conveniently cooks 1 to 7 eggs in minutes, just add water, eggs, and plug it in
- The Egg Boiler heats up quickly, boils your eggs in just a few minutes, and shuts off automatically when the eggs are done.
- Egg Cooker Automatically shuts off when eggs are ready, and sounds a buzzer to let you know that they are done
- Clear top allows you to view eggs while cooking, egg tray allows you to easily transport and serve eggs
Hamilton 7 Egg Cooker with Built-In Timer and Poaching Tray Black
This is another perfect egg cooker which prepares seven eggs at a time. It prepares soft, medium and hard cooked egg and poaches. It features a 3 egg nonstick poaching tray, a ready timer with a tone and a water measure cup with an egg piercing needle.
- Perfect eggs in no time: quickly prepares both poached eggs or soft, medium and hard-boiled eggs
- 7 Egg capacity: make breakfast for the whole family, healthy snacks, Salad toppers, a batch of deviled eggs for a potluck and more
- Versatile: this egg cooker and poacher can make your favorite recipes including eggs benedict, egg salad, deviled eggs and hard, medium or soft-boiled eggs
- Ready timer with tone: audible alert when your food is ready prevents you from overcooking Ready in six to eight minutes
VonShef 3-in-1 Egg Cooker, Poacher and Omelet Maker
The VonShef 7- Egg Electric Cooker cooks between 1 to 7 hard-boiled eggs at once. Included in the box is a measuring cup with various lines for each egg type you want to cook. The cooker costs in the region of $20.00, prices can change daily.
The stainless steel look and sleek design ensure this cooker will get people talking in the kitchen. The fact that the lid is stainless steel ensures that it does not stain over time like similar cookers with plastic lids.
This model is multi-functional since it not only allows a user to cook eggs to varied boiled consistencies but it also comes with various attachments that allow for poaching eggs and steaming other foods.
In terms of size the VonShef’s dimensions are 6.8 x 6.8 x 7.2 inches which ensures it is compact enough to fit into a cupboard draw when not in use.
A stand out feature that sets this cooker apart from others and is that it automatically turns off when the water is steamed away, you will often find that many similar model don’t have this feature.
1 used from $13.84
- Stainless steel flat heating plate. Easy to wash
- Sleek design, high build quality and easy and fast operation
- Safe automatic power turn-off and over-temperature protection functions
- Boiled eggs can be kept fresh, soft and nutritious through boiling
- Indicator light shows the unit is working and power will be turned off automatically when all the water is used
Better Chef Stainless Steel Electric Egg Cooker
This egg cooker conveniently cooks up to 7 eggs within a minute. You only need to add water, the eggs and then plug it on. It has indicator lights when the eggs are cooking and an audible sound to indicate that they are cooked. Furthermore, you can see the eggs as they cook through its transparent lid. It comes with a measuring cup which enables you to cook your eggs to the desirable hardness. The base is made of stainless steel. The removable tray makes cooling and serving easier.
2 used from $9.99
- HEALTHY COOKING…FAST: With the Better Chef IM-470S Stainless Steel Electric Egg Cooker, making boiled eggs has never been faster. The IM-470S allows you to cook up to 7 eggs in just a matter of minutes. It’s as simple as piercing the large end of the eggs, adding the eggs, water and plugging in the egg cooker. You are on your way to the healthiest eggs in just minutes with the Better Chef IM-470S.
Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
This egg cooker boils up to 6 eggs at the same time. It can make hard, soft and medium poached eggs, omelets and boiled eggs. It comes with an omelet bowl, poaching tray, recipe guide, measuring cup and a boiled egg tray. It also comes with a one year warranty.
This product does complete justice to its name by cooking your eggs rapidly, that also, with a single push of a button. Not only will it cook your eggs in much shorter time compared to cooking them on the stove, but it will allow you to cook your eggs in versatile ways, such as soft, medium or hard-boiled eggs, poached or omelets.
Although this cooker can cook 6 eggs at a time, it comes in a very compact design, and weighing only a pound, it is perfect for a small kitchen or if you have started living in your campus dorm and are looking for a quick and easy yet a healthy breakfast option.
It also has useful features like automatically shutting itself off, when the eggs are ready and also notify you by an alarm, which allows you to put the eggs in the cooker and focus on other things. The cooker comes with a measuring cup for measuring out the exact amount of water required for varying degrees of boiling, which eliminate the need of any kind of guesswork and also comes with poaching and omelet trays. The lid of the cooker has a handle at its top, which is a useful feature to have, to keep your hands away from any heat. This cooker is also very easy to clean up since all the parts that are not electric can be safely washed in a dishwasher.
12 used from $14.99
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg cooker on the market, for perfect eggs, your way, EVERY TIME, we guarantee it!
- SIX EGG CAPACITY: Cook up to 6 eggs in soft, medium, or hard boiled firmness, while saving time and water Eggs come out consistently perfect, shell is easy to peel, and clean up is super easy!
- QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply choose your preferred eggs and set the timer The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the buzzer will alert you when your eggs are ready Its so simple, even your kids can use it Power: 360 Watts Material Plastic, Metal
Elite Cuisine Easy Electric Egg Poacher, Omelet & Soft, Medium, Hard-Boiled Egg Cooker
This is another perfect egg cooker. It features an on and off button and an indicator. It has a transparent lid with an egg rack with a handle, a knob, omelet tray, poaching tray and a measuring cup with a piercing pin. The pin releases the sulfur within eggs and leaves you with the nice yellow yolks when cooking. It’s fast than boiling water and can prepare 7 eggs.
1 used from $14.00
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your 100% satisfaction is our top priority, we guarantee it! We are so sure you will love your egg cooker that we are offering a lifetime warranty ~ we have the ONLY lifetime warranty on the market!
- SEVEN EGG CAPACITY: Cook up to 7 eggs in soft, medium, or hard boiled firmness, while saving time and water. Eggs come out consistently perfect, shell is easy to peel, and clean up is super easy!
Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Central Egg Cooker
The Cuisinart Egg Central appliance has a new cooking system which is new two-tiered and allows cooking of 10 eggs at the same time. With the egg cooker, you can choose to cook your eggs to soft, medium or hard consistency. It also features removable trays which you can use to poach eggs or make omelets. Further, you can precisely control the cooking time with the amount of water you add. It has a water measuring beaker which allows you to fill the cooking plate with the appropriate level of water. It consists of an audible alert; LED light and a stand by mode which helps you prevent overcooking.
There are several features that is unique to this egg cooker from Cuisinart that set this product apart from the many others on the market. First of all, it has a modern sleek design, which makes it a great addition to the aesthetics of a contemporary kitchen. Second, its lid is made of polished steel with a smooth finish, which not only makes it look great but also gives it a high durability.
The inside of the egg cooker is also made of stainless steel, which makes it a sturdier product than the other plastic ones. Third, it has a big capacity with a two-storied construction and a high power of 600 watts, which allow it to boil ten eggs at once, which is a great feature that can save a lot of time and effort that you spend in the kitchen.
Apart from the above-mentioned impressive features, this egg cooker comes with a measuring cup with which you can measure out the exact amount of water that is needed to boil your eggs to the desired consistency. The measuring beaker has a pin at the bottom for making the perfect holes at the egg’s end, to make the shells come off easily. To bring out versatility in how you want to have your eggs, this cooker has a tray with which you can poach 4 eggs at a time and a separate omelet tray with a capacity for 3 eggs.
Although this egg-cooker has a sophisticated appearance to it, it is highly user-friendly, as it will notify you when the eggs are ready, with a blue LED light and a sound alert, which ensures that you will be reminded of the eggs, even if you forget about them and that the eggs will not be overcooked.
3 used from $33.97
- Cooks 10 eggs in shells to a hard, medium or soft consistency with the 600-watt heater
- Poaching tray with 4-egg capacity and omelet tray with 3-egg capacity
- Brushed stainless steel lid; blue LED indicator, audible alert and standby mode
- Built-in cord storage for easy cleanup. MC Cubic Feet is 0.60
- Cooker includes a 180 ml measuring cup with piercing pin
KRUPS Egg Cooker with Water Level Indicator
The egg cooker has a capacity of 7 eggs. It features two poaching trays which allow you to prepare individual omelets or poached eggs. In addition, it has a dual switch for keeping warm and boiling. Its audible signal indicates the end of a cooking cycle. In addition, the egg boiler comes with a water level indicator and an egg piercer. Its power rating is 400 watts and comes with a 2-year warranty.
This egg cooker has an innovative design that is refreshing among the other cookers with dome-shaped designs. The cooker has an egg holder that can be removed easily and can be used to boil 7 eggs simultaneously.
The cooker comes with a narrow measuring cylinder which can be used to accurately measure out the amount of water need to cook your eggs to the desired hardness. Not only can you boil eggs with this stylish cooker, but you can also make poached eggs and omelets, with a lot less oil compared to making them using a frying pan.
When the eggs are ready, the machine will alert you with a buzzer and you can either turn the machine off or switch it to a mode where it will keep your eggs warm for as long as you want. This is a unique feature of this machine which you can find greatly useful at busy hours during the morning when you have to attend something else before peeling your boiled eggs but you also want them to stay warm. The base of the machine is designed in such a way as to allow the power cord to be wrapped around it neatly, which helps the cooker to be stored neatly on your kitchen, without causing any mess.
1 used from $110.00
- Egg cooker with removable egg holder cooks up to 7 eggs at a time
- Ideal for hard-boiled, soft-boiled, or poached eggs and omelets; dual switch for boiling and keeping warm
- 2 poaching trays included for making poached eggs or individual omelets
- Measuring cup with firmness markings and egg piercer included
- Removable egg holder to cool eggs easily; 2-year worldwide warranty
Maverick SEC-2 Henrietta Hen Egg Cooker
This adorable egg cooker is decorative enough to leave on your counter all the time, even if you don’t cook eggs every day. While the shape is fun, it’s a well-designed appliance that boils or poaches eggs easily. It can poach up to four eggs at a time, or cook up to seven eggs in their shells.
Operation is easy—just add water to the marked level for soft-, medium-, or hard-boiled eggs, plug it in, and let the machine do all the work. A piercing pin prevents shells from cracking. When the eggs are done, the hen “chirps” to alert you, with a sound that different from all the other beeps in your kitchen.
For easy cleaning, all of the hard plastic parts except the power base are dishwasher safe, but since you’re only using water, they’re just as easy to quickly wash by hand.
- MAKE HARD, SOFT OR POACHED EGGS IN A SNAP - Quickly make perfectly cooked eggs by choosing the preferred type; Poached, Soft or Hard
- LARGE CAPACITY - Rack can cook up to 7 hard or soft boiled eggs and poaching tray up to 4 poached eggs
- FUN RETRO DESIGN - Henrietta is shaped and stylized like a hen, which chirps when you eggs are done cooking
- PIERCING PIN - Piercing pin prevents shells from cracking; dishwasher-safe removable parts
Chefman Electric Egg Cooker
This is a reliable egg cooker with an interestingly designed base. The cooker is equipped with all the features you could for in a great egg cooker. What we especially love about this egg cooker is the fact that it can even be used to cook vegetables using steam. So if you want to make a more balanced meal with some greens included in it, you can do so, if you have this cooker.
You can boil up to 6 eggs in a matter few minutes using this cooker and you can also choose to make them hard, soft or medium, by measuring our right amount of water with the measuring cup that comes with the machine. When the eggs are ready, the machine will turn itself off on its own and alert you with a sound.
Moreover, this cooker can help you have your eggs in different ways such as poached eggs, using the tray that comes with this cooker. Another handy feature of this cooker is that all of its non-electric parts are safe to be washed in the dishwasher.
6 used from $13.19
- NO MORE GUESSWORK: Easily boil, poach, or steam up to 6 eggs in minutes, faster than stovetop method. Use the included measuring cup to know how much water you need depending on the style of egg. The ready buzzer will signal once your eggs are finished cooking.
- READY FOR BREAKFAST? No need to wait for your hard-boiled eggs to cool to move them after cooking. With the tray lifting tool, you can have your brunch with hot, freshly cooked eggs. Whether you like your eggs hard or soft boiled, scrambled, omelet or poached, breakfast has never been easier!
Best Egg Boiler and Poacher
So if you love cooking eggs then it has never been easier and more convenient to get consistent results using the humble countertop cookers. Apart from their convenience, they will help to promote a healthy diet. And if you in a hurry then you can get them ready anytime in the day.
We hope that our Buyers Guide has given you enough information about the options available including our list of the best egg cookers on the market to find suitable unit. Its up to you to pick what meets your needs, is in your price range, and overall help you to cook consistent eggs.
As you are aware, new models are being released into the marketplace all the time by new and old manufacturers. For that reason, the site will be updated as new models are released. Or if you feel like we missed a superior model that needs to be included, let me know in the comments below! To find the top electric egg boilers read the reviews available online including on our site.