Time needed: 10 minutes.
Make sure you have the correct replacement filter and have a towel handy to collect any water that drips or spills during the exchange. Your refrigerator manual should include replacement instructions for your specific model, so follow your instructions. You may need to unplug the refrigerator or turn off the breaker for the unit. You may also need to turn off the water supply line that runs to the refrigerator. General replacement steps are below.
- Locate the water filter
On some models, the filter is in the grille at the base of the unit. It might also be inside the refrigerator at the front of the compartment or in the back, upper-right corner. You may see a knob or a button that releases the filter or an enclosure that surrounds the filter.
- Locate the water filter
The filter might drip water, so place a towel under the filter assembly.
– You release some filter styles by turning the attached knob or cap a quarter turn counterclockwise. When the cap is in a vertical position, pull to remove the filter. Slide the cap off the filter cartridge and put it in a safe place. You’ll reuse it on your new filter.
– If you have a push-button filter release, push the button while pulling on the water filter to remove it. To release the cap, turn it counterclockwise until it detaches from the filter. Set the cap aside in a safe place until you’re ready to reuse it.
– Some filters are enclosed in a cup or cover. Unscrew the cap or lower the cover and remove the filter.
To prevent spills, hold the filter in an upright position and use a towel to absorb any water.
- Remove new water filter from its packaging
Remove the new refrigerator water filter from its packaging and install the cap from the previous filter if applicable. If there are dust caps on the new filter, remove them. Depending on the filter, you may need to fill it with water.
- Install the new filter
– For a quarter-turn cap, make sure the cap is in the vertical position. Slide it into the filter hole. Don’t over-tighten the water filter. Turn the cap clockwise until it clicks into place.
– For a push-button system, align the filter cap and insert it into the assembly. Once you insert the filter properly, the eject button will pop up.
– For filters enclosed in a cup or cover, insert the filter into the filter assembly and replace the cup or cover.
- Restore power and water (optional)
Restore power and water to the refrigerator if applicable.
- Run two to four gallons of water through the new filter
This helps prevent your water dispenser from sputtering and clears impurities left over from manufacturing. Check for leaks around the filter.
- Label and indication for next replacement
Many filters come with a label to let you keep track of when they need to be replaced. Some refrigerators have an indicator light to tell you when a replacement is needed. If you don’t have a label or indicator light, place a small piece of masking tape on the outside of the water filter labeled with the date you replaced the filter.
If your refrigerator has a filter replacement light, reset it. Your manual should include instructions. On most models, simply push the reset button several times or press it down for a few seconds.
Changing refrigerator water filter Whirlpool
Changing your Whirlpool® refrigerator water filter is so simple, it can be done in under five minutes. Here’s how.
If you need more details guide, please visit whirlpool.com
How to change refrigerator water filter Frigidaire?
- Frigidaire® PureSource Ultra® is a push-push filter designed for use on all French-Door model refrigerators.
Frigidaire® PureSource 2® is a cassette filter that is designed for use on refrigerators after 2004 with filtration systems located in the front, right top.
- Frigidaire® PureSource® Plus is a cup filter that is designed for use filtration systems located in the back, top right in refrigerators manufactured before 2001.
If you need more details guide, please visit frigidaire.com.
How to change refrigerator water filter Samsung?
The water filter can be located in three locations and this depends on the model of your refrigerator. Three locations where this can be found is top right hand side of the freezer compartment or between the crisper drawers or sometimes behind the refrigerator.
If you need more details guide, please visit samsung.com
How to replace refrigerator water filter Kenmore?
How to replace refrigerator water filter Kitchenaid?
How to change refrigerator water filter GE?
geappliances.com provide very detailed guide on filter replacement.
How to replace refrigerator water filter LG?
If you need more details guide, please visit lg.com
How to replace refrigerator water filter Maytag?
If you need more details guide, please visit maytag.com