It’s hard to know which waffle maker to choose since there are so many waffle makers on the market. Nowadays waffle makers flip, rotate, turn around, and just stay there. With our help you can easily find the perfect waffle maker for yourself.
TL;DR Top 10 Waffle Makers With Good Reviews
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Flip Waffle Maker VS Standard
The traditional waffle maker which sits on the counter and simply opens and closes and the flip waffle maker which rotates once the waffle batter has been added. Let’s compare…
What does a flip waffle maker do?
A flip waffle maker is a waffle maker that flips back or rotates or does some other function to spread waffle batter more evenly among the grids.
Although both sides of a waffle maker do heat up, because you pour in batter and because gravity sinks the batter down to the lowest part of the waffle grids right away, this means that that part will begin to be baked first.
Proponents of flip waffle makers say that a flip waffle maker is more likely to ensure a more even cooking of the waffle. This means that it will be less likely to have soft or raw spots and less likely to have burned spots.
What does a standard waffle maker do?
A standard waffle maker is a waffle maker that does not flip or rotate in any way. A standard waffle maker just sites there and cooks the waffle. At first thought, you might think that this means it’s automatically inferior to a flip waffle maker, not necessarily.
A standard waffle maker that does not flip means it’s more likely to not make a mess during the flip time. Non flip means you also have one less thing to worry about. A flip action part of an appliance is subject to breaking just like a handle or feet can.
Don’t count a non flip waffle maker out! Some of the best waffle makers are standard ones that will crank out waffles for years to come.
Belgian Waffle Maker VS Regular
Belgian waffles are known for their large square and deep pockets that you can fill with butter, jam, or maple syrup, while regular waffles are thinner, and don’t often have the same yeasted batter.
What Is Belgian Waffle Maker?
Belgian waffles originated at The Brussels World Fair Expo ’58 and were introduced in North America in 1962 at the Century 21 Exposition in Seattle. Belgian waffles typically have a yeasted batter which makes them light and fluffy, but sometimes baking powder is used instead. Often you can make a Belgian waffle batter that sits overnight, leavening and making for extra fluffy and light waffles that you can start cooking for brunch the second you wake up on a Sunday morning (and is a great option for speeding up the breakfast-making process by planning ahead). Belgian waffles are often much larger than regular waffles in both diameter and thickness, and have to be made in a special Belgian waffle iron. (But of course, there are a number of great hacks for a Belgian waffle maker – see our list of 47 Food Hacks for inspiration!)
How About Waffle Maker?
Regular waffles are made in a smaller waffle iron that doesn’t make pockets as deep as the Belgian waffle maker and heats up even faster because of its size. These waffles can be made in a variety of shapes (hearts, circles, even characters like Darth Vader, Mickey Mouse, and Olaf from Frozen are options for special waffle makers) and are really easy to store in the freezer for a quick breakfast if you keep them separated with parchment paper in an airtight container.
Top Rated Waffle Makers Reviews
A waffle maker isn’t just any other 2 iron plates coming together to bake batter. There are several factors that you should consider. An ideal waffle maker should make deep-pocketed waffles that’ll hold any toppings confidently and without messes. It should also be easy to remove the waffles from the plates.
As such, they should be non-sticky and should heat well. Waffle makers that allow you to control the shades are more favorable since you get what you want. Moreover, those that not only bake waffles but have extra plates for grilling and frying are always irresistible. These are our best picks of this year’s best-rated waffle makers.
10. Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle Maker
If your children can’t get out of the bed on a weekend without the smell of some browning waffles, you’ll need to get this Hamilton Waffle Maker (26009). This Belgian-style waffle maker has a non-stick interior design, so you get your yummy waffles hustle free.
Unlike most other competitors made of cheap plastic, Hamilton 26009 features a sturdy stainless steel construction. It’s easy to use. Its preheat lights will always alert you when it’s time to pour your batter. Hamilton Beach 26009 comes in a compact size and a thoughtful design make it super easy to store when it’s not in use.
2 used from $11.54
- Belgian-style nonstick grids makes 2 waffles
- Power on and preheat lights indicate when power is on and when to add batter
- Shade selector ranges from light to brown and crispy
- Compact, upright storage
- Premium stainless steel
9. T-fal Nonstick Sandwich and Waffle Maker
How would you love thick, crunchy, and deep-pocketed waffles anytime you want them? Besides offering you the super crisp waffles, T-Fal SW6100 EZ has more for you. It comes with an extra plate for those who love sandwiches too.
These 2 plates are easily interchangeable and go safely in the dishwasher. You never have to worry about storing your waffle maker. It stands vertically either on your kitchen shelves or drawers.
5 used from $27.90
- Two sets of interchangeable plates
- Use the waffle plates to make crispy waffles for breakfast, dessert or snack time
- Use the sandwich plates to to make delicious pocket sandwiches any time of day
- Plates are removable, non-stick and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Indicator lights advise if power is on and when the plates are ready for cooking
8. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Makers
This Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker has a lot of incredible features to give you the fluffiest waffles just as you like them. From its easy to use control, you’ll be able to brown your waffles to your desired state, a feature we’ve not seen in the past 2 makers. Moreover, Hamilton Beach takes care of any drips thanks to is drip tray.
This means that you’ll have little to no mess to worry about. Its metal grids come out easily for cleaning and its handle collapses for stress-free storage.
8 used from $30.61
- FLIPPING ACTION MAKES THICK, FLUFFY WAFFLES. Flipping waffles during cooking makes them crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.
- NONSTICK REMOVABLE PLATES. Remove your waffle from the nonstick plates with no sticking or scraping; the grids remove when you're done cooking for easy cleanup.
- ADJUSTABLE BROWNING CONTROL. Cook your waffle lighter or darker, just the way you want it.
- STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN. Waffle iron wipes down easily and has a modern look that will look great on your countertop.
7. Oster CKSTWF2000 Belgian, Waffle Makers
When shopping for a waffle maker, a primary concern is the thickness of the waffle made. People also tend to care so much about how deep the pockets are. Oster CKSTWF2000 has all those issues covered.
Its stainless steel grids will make you a 7 1/2’’ waffle in a couple of minutes. Its pockets are thick enough to hold your syrup or fruit. How do you like your waffles? A little crispier and brown on the outside? You can control all that at the turn of a knob.
3 used from $15.20
- Belgian waffle maker creates large, round waffles with deep pockets that hold plenty of toppings and syrup
- Waffle maker features an 8-inch nonstick plate that releases waffles easily and cleans quickly
- Adjustable temperature control lets you customize heat while cooking, for different types of finishes and batters
- Stainless steel housing offers added durability. Cord length: 27.5 inches, Watts: 1080W
- Safe-to-touch handle provides a firm grip and helps prevent burns
6. George Foreman Waffle Makers
‘’What else can it cook?’’ This is amongst the leading questions when most people are looking for an ideal waffle maker. It’s good to have a product that gives you real value for your bucks. If you’re a waffle diehard fan or a grill monster, this George Foreman GRP4842R needs your attention.
It’s a 3-in-1 beast that’ll make your waffles in the morning, press some Panini, and later grill you some meat and vegetable. Its adjustable hinge allows it to accommodate thin to thick foods. Besides, it also offers a healthier and responsible way to enjoy your everyday delicacies since it’s able to draw 42% of food fats and direct it to its drip tray.
1 used from $59.70
- 5 Servings - Everyone to the dinner table! The sizeable grilling surface lets you make five servings of everybody's favorites all at the same time
- Versatility - Expand your food horizons! This Evolve model includes premium ceramic grill/Panini plates and nonstick waffle plates. Choose your plate and get cooking!
- Digital Timer and Temperature Controls - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The digital controls give you precise time (up to 20 minutes) and temperature options (300-425°F), plus the panel is easy to wipe clean
5. Cuisinart Double Belgian Waffle Makers
No one would fail to recognize the presence of this eye-catching waffle maker as it sits on your kitchen top. It’s made of stainless steel which adds to its durability. With its browning control knob, you can easily select the shade of your waffles from either light to brown and crispy.
There’s no way you’re going to burn your waffles. Its LED lights will alert you once it’s time to feast on your hot waffles. Buyers loved its deep pockets, its double cooking action, and the way the waffles lift up from the non-sticky grids.
- Creates two deep-pocket 1-inch Belgian waffles at the same time. Dimensions : 15.50 L x 9.75 W x 9.30 H inches
- 6-setting browning control knob ensures each waffle is cooked to order
- Nonstick coating for quick food release and easy cleanup
- 2 LED Ready indicator lights illuminate when each waffle is done
- 1400 watts of power
4. Waring Double Belgian Waffle Makers
This is a must-have for your waffle loving family. It’s a double maker that’s more similar to Cuisinart WAF-F20. Amongst its top notch features is the ability to rotate the waffle to ensure that you get evenly cooked waffles. Also, you get customized waffles courtesy of its easy-to-use browning selector.
You’ll also love the deep pockets which hold your whipped cream or berries comfortably and mess-free. Its led lights and a beeper that inform you once your waffles are ready come as another plus to Waring WMK600.
- Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian Waffle Maker; extra-deep 1-inch waffle pockets
- Nonstick coated waffle grids easily release waffles and makes cleaning effortless
- Easy-to-handle rotary feature for even baking on top and bottom, 1400 watts of power
- 2 LED ready indicator lights and 3 audio beep tones signal when each waffle is done
- Browning control knob; Limited One Year Product Warranty. Kindly refer the user manual below for additional instructions
3. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Makers
What does this 3-in-1 maker have to offer? Total versatility and best bang for your buck. The key feature that makes Black + Decker irresistible is its foldable top that lays flat to give you two flat surfaces to prepare your omelets and bacon all at the same time.
This multi-purpose champ heats from both ends and has controllable heat levels allowing you to fry, grill, or make some waffles or sandwich. Its non-sticky plates make it super easy to lift all your foods after they’re done cooking. A funnel at one edge the of the bottom plate lets you drain off excess fat.
3 used from $48.61
- Three Appliances in One - This handy cooking machine quickly goes from toasting sandwiches or frying up eggs and bacon to crafting large, fluffy waffles. All it takes is a simple switch of the reversible cooking plates
- Nonstick Reversible Cooking Plates - The removable nonstick grill plates are easy to clean and tough enough to handle any meal you wish to create. Do not place them in a Dishwasher
- 180 Degree Hinge - The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface for more cooking options
2. Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Makers
From Cuisinart, this is another waffle maker that can be counted on for its traditional waffles. Its weighted top makes sure that it doesn’t lift as the waffle rises. This helps in creating deep pockets ideal for holding fruit syrup, powders, nuts, or any other toppings you desire.
With its 5-setting shading control, you’ll be able to make precise round waffles browned just as you love them. Moreover, this Classic Waffle Maker comes with rubber feet to prevent scratching or making some marks on your kitchen top. You also benefit from a waffle recipe book full of exciting recipes.
4 used from $19.75
- Dual indicator lights; 5-setting browning control
- Round nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 3-Year warranty
- Voltage-120V Features: Bakes one large traditional-style waffle|Five-setting browning control|Regulating thermostat|Red and green "ready to bake/ready to eat" indicator lights|Nonstick baking plates|Brushed stainless steel housing|Instruction/Recipe book|Limited 3-year warranty|BPA Free
1. Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Makers
This Presto 03510 Waffle Maker is today’s best seller. Baking at 1350 watts, this waffle maker has way hotter grids than other models. You’re bound to love its fairly deep pockets that hold the batter nicely and its tapered grids that help in releasing the waffle. The grid plates are coated, so your waffles don’t stick making it very easy to clean. In fact, there’s almost nothing to clean. Presto 03510 have an upright storage lock that holds the 2 plates together for compact storage.
The grid plates are coated, so your waffles don’t stick making it very easy to clean. In fact, there’s almost nothing to clean. Presto 03510 have an upright storage lock that holds the 2 plates together for compact storage.
8 used from $23.35
- Professional-style rotating design with extra-thick grid bakes a 7-inch diameter Belgian waffle with four easy-to-cut sections
- Dual function base assures convenient rotation for baking and locks in a space-saving vertical position for storage
- Countdown timer with digital display signals when time is complete; Brushed stainless steel exterior;
- Nonstick interior easily wipes clean. Care and Cleaning: Hand wash ; 120 Volts AC, 1100 Watts
What Waffle Maker To Buy?
If you’re searching for a versatile waffle maker, George Foreman, T-fal and Black + Decker are the way to go. Presto 03510 and Waring WMK600 are the best in delivering evenly cooked and browned waffles. Apart from Presto, all other makers allow you to control how brown you’d want your waffles. However, you can still get the same results with Presto just by giving it enough time to bake.
Apart from Presto, all other makers allow you to control how brown you’d want your waffles. However, you can still get the same results with Presto just by giving it enough time to bake.