There are two main juice extractor types of juicing machines. The cheapest and the most popular is the centrifugal type.
The slow juicers or cold press juicers are the masticating types. Centrifugal juicers use their toothed blades to shred ingredients on the bottom of a spinning sieve. The centrifugal force separates the pulp from the juice. They come often with two speeds for soft and hard veggies and fruits. Centrifugal machines also tend to work typically quicker and be smaller than masticating ones.
The best juicing machine can help you improve your diet by getting more fresh veggies and fruit into your daily meals.
Best Juicers for Fruits and Vegetables
If you are one of the health-conscious people who aim to improve his overall health, wellbeing and life quality by juicing, here’s a list of the best juicer choices for fruit and vegetables.
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Home Juicer Buying Guide
Which type of juicer you decide to buy is solely up to you. To many people, the price of an appliance is the major decision factor – which is very important in our opinion too – but there are other important features that must be considered before buying a product.
YIELD/TYPE OF PRODUCE
When deciding which type of juicer is for you, the first thing you’ll need to think about is what kinds of juice you’d like to make most often. Look for a juicer with high yields for the produce you’ll be juicing.
Masticating juicers work best for leafy greens, producing high amounts of dry pulp which means less waste and cost in the long term. If you’ll only be juicing fruits and hard vegetables, a high-quality, less expensive centrifugal juicer may be your best bet.
SIZE AND STORAGE
Another important consideration is where you plan to store your juicer and how easily you’ll want to access it. While horizontal-masticating juicers can churn out high volumes of juice, you may not have space for them. Plus, they tend to weigh more so it tends to be difficult to move from closet to counter. The small footprint of vertical juicers is ideal for smaller kitchens with limited counter space and can often tuck under cabinets.
Lightweight centrifugal models are perfect if you need to move your juicer from storage space to counter. Just make sure whatever model you pick can handle the volume of juice you plan to make: smaller juicers equal smaller amounts of juice per batch.
Make sure your juicer suits your lifestyle in terms of how quickly, and how loudly they work. Masticating juicers are much quieter than centrifugal juicers so household members remain undisturbed while you get your juice on. If you need to make your juice fresh and fast in the morning, speed may be a concern.
Masticating juicers are slower while some centrifugal juicers can juice an apple in just 30 seconds. Juicer models with multiple speeds are helpful because they extract the most juice out of your produce. Slow speeds are great for juicing soft fruits, like grapes and strawberries, while high speeds are better for firmer items like apples and carrots.
EASE OF USE/CLEANUP
Juicers that are simple to set up, use, take apart, and clean will get used more often versus relegating them to the bottom of a closet. However, if you want a multifunction juicer that also makes nut butter, sorbets, or baby food it may be worth some extra assembly. Juicers with large feed tubes significantly reduce produce prep time and also the time it takes to feed it into the machine.
Juicers with external pulp containers allow you to continue juicing in bulk without pausing to remove pulp. Juicer cleaning can be daunting so seek models with specialized brushes that make cleaning easier, and dishwasher friendly is always a bonus.
Vegetable and Fruit Juicer Reviews 🥤
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of home juicer machine. If you plan to buy a home juicer machine online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
400-Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor with Custom Juice Cup by Black & Decker
This juice extractor is made by the reputable Black & Decker brand. It is considered the best juicer machine for its best value for your money. It comes with a very affordable price tag on Amazon. However, its low price doesn’t come with any compromise on quality. On Amazon, this product has 2,144 total reviews and a 4 stars rating. It is featured in many stores as well as in many TV commercial ads.
3 used from $34.90
- 400-Watt Motor - Extract fresh, pulp-free juice in just seconds! The intuitive on/off switch provides the best performance for all kinds of fruit and vegetables
- Compact Design - The vertically-oriented juice extractor saves space on the countertop
- Stainless Steel Cutter and Strainer - The durable cutter quickly works through fruits and vegetables, and it's easy to clean and reuse
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - Every removable part is safe to clean in the dishwasher, further simplifying the juice-making process
Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer
Since the Hurom H-AA Slow Juicer weighs less and includes a slimmer, wavy design at the base, it is easier to store and move around the kitchen if you lack the counter space. The design at the bottom ensures a better grip. The duplicate safety sensors do not allow for operation unless it is properly assembled.
It comes with a control lever that allows you to control the level of pulp, if any, in your juice. It features three strainers—fine, coarse, and an ice cream strainer. If you would like to make soups or juice soft fruits, then select the coarse strainer. The fine strainer is for everything else. The ice cream strainer is self-explanatory.
Be certain to cut large fibrous and dense items into smaller pieces so that they fit down into the feed chute. Vertical juicers have gravity to assist with feeding the food through the chamber. Most of the items will move through the machine without the need for using the pusher. If you find that you need to use it, gently press down. Never jam anything into the machine because that will damage it. It is always best to work at a slow, steady pace, paying attention to the machine as it works. If the machine clogs, turn it off and press the reverse button to unclog it.
- Design: With a streamlined design that includes smooth curves that gradually become slimmer in the back, the H-AA brings you stylish, yet modern beauty
- Natural: The H-AA rotates at a speed of just 43 revolutions per minute, designed This patented Slow Squeeze Technology ensures your juice retains all of its natural nutrients
- Taste: Hurom spent decades optimizing their juicers for taste. The H-AA comes with a control lever and fine and coarse strainers that allow you to control the amount of pulp to suite your taste
Big Mouth Pro Juice Extractor by Hamilton Beach
The Hamilton 67608A is a fruit juicer with a stainless steel body, metal latches and uses a switch for turning the machine on and off. The 800 Watts motor is having a 1.1 HP power.
Using the Hamilton Beach 67608 is a cakewalk! You’ll be taken aback at the ease with which it works. Called “Big Mouth”, the feed channel is indeed wide and you can easily fit in whole fruits and vegetables, be it of any size such as carrots, apples, beet, pineapple (not exactly the entire fruit!), cucumber, spinach, tomatoes, lemons and any other fruit or vegetable under the sun. Simply put the contents in and turn it on, eliminating time-consuming steps like chopping and deseeding. However, it is advisable not to manhandle the juicer by forcibly trying to push the whole fruit if it does not comfortably pass through. A few seconds extra on splitting it into half will not do any harm.
2 used from $48.59
- 800-WATTS OF POWER WITH PROFESSIONAL-GRADE FEATURES. Stainless-steel micro-mesh cutter/strainer can turn a dense beet into a smooth juice in seconds. Commercial-grade toggle switch. 20 oz. juice cup. Die-cast metal latch locks juicer lid securely into place. Recipes and juicing tips included to get you started. BPA-Free.
- EXTRA-LARGE 3 INCH FEED CHUTE FITS WHOLE FOODS. The Big Mouth feed chute is 3 inches wide to fit a whole apple, a peeled orange or a handful of kale. So there's less pre-cutting, and more continuous juicing. An extra-large pulp bin means you don't have to stop the process to empty out pulp.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
If juicing leafy greens is an emphasis for you or you want a machine that handles other kitchen prep the Omega J8006 is your best choice. This classic cold press masticating juicer has been a best seller for years and produced the highest volume of kale juice of all the juicers we tested. It works quietly at slow speeds (only 80 RPM) to extract juice from all kinds of produce. Its dual-stage juicing system mimics how humans chew–the crush and press process produces drier pulp and high juice yield.
It also produced slightly less juice from hard fruits and vegetables and as a horizontal model has a bigger countertop footprint. However, it offers additional functions such as pureeing nuts into nut butter, grinding spices and coffee, making pasta, and baby food with an extremely generous 15-year warranty.
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR WARRANTY: covering parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES: Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES: Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- NUTRITION CENTER: Turn nuts into nut butter, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, make baby food and frozen desserts, and whip up soy milk in a flash
Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer
We found vertical masticating juicers like the Tribest Slowstar to be easier to assemble, use, and clean than horizontal models with a sleek modern look for your countertop.
Made by a company specializing in the wellness market; the Slowstar’s double bladed auger creates a double cut, doing twice as much work compared to a traditional auger while operating at a low hum. It has a generous feed tube that makes it easier to prep produce with no motor jams at all–even putting whole leaves and stems of kale directly into the juicer.
The pulp from the Tribest Slowstar was also the driest of all the tests–this juicer machine squeezes every bit of juice from produce with high yields. We loved the slightly thicker results of the carrot-apple juice test but if you don’t care for pulpy juices this may not be the best model for you.
The Slowstar also serves as a multi-purpose kitchen tool; an included Mincing Attachment lets you make sorbets, nut butter, and even cookie dough. It comes with a generous 10-year warranty and is our top vertical masticating choice to keep on the counter for juicing and other kitchen tasks.
3 used from $274.02
- SLOW 47 RPM - Slow, cold press juice extraction results in the best, fresh juices with minimal oxidation compared with juice from centrifugal juicers
- DUO-BLADE AUGER - Makes juicing faster and easier for both juicing beginners and experienced users who want to spend less time and effort in the kitchen yet still include healthy juices in their diet
- INCLUDED MINCING ATTACHMENT - Increase the versatility of the Slowstar by turning it into a food homogenizer, great for everything from salsas to frozen sorbets
The Original Healthy Juicer Manual Juicer
Squeezing leafy greens takes a special amount of care. The Lexen GP27 is the way to manually do just that. This juicer is the solution for those that don’t want to lay out hundreds for an expensive masticating juicer but also don’t want to settle for a cheap, crummy manual model.
As the folks at The Healthy Juicer say, this thing was designed to be “simple, mobile, versatile, and easy to clean.” Simple is right. To use, just put a juice cup under the spout, place your greens into the chute, and start churning.
Cleaning this thing is a breeze since all you have to do is unscrew the parts, rinse them off in the sink, and boom—you’re done. Thanks to its high juice-yield and cold-press technology, you can rest assured your greens will be nutrient-packed to the max.
5 used from $24.00
- GUARANTEED HAPPY JUICING: The Manual Healthy Juicer has a no-risk guarantee..and it's simple. Love it or leave it! If you don't fall in love with it within 30 days just let us know.
- MULTIPURPOSE JUICING: Juices Celery, Wheatgrass, Kale, Spinach, Collard Greens, Chard, Parsley, Lettuce - anything leafy - EASILY! Does it juice carrots and such? Yup, it sure does, but if thats your primary reason for juicing wed probably encourage something else.
Cuisinart Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
For those who are only juicing citrus fruits, the Cuisinart Pulp Control Citrus Juicer “does a great job of getting all the juice and most pulp out of the orange,” according to one reviewer. As another person writes: “We like to buy fresh-squeezed orange juice when we have orange juice around the house, but it can be expensive.
The amount of money we have saved on OJ has paid for this juicer already. It juices lemons and limes very well, too.” What makes this Cuisinart so effective, notes another reviewer, is its “unique ‘Final-Spin’ feature similar to that in clothes washing machine.
Once you take the empty citrus off of the reamer, you press the clear plastic lid down onto the juicer which makes the reamer spin really fast and uses centrifugal force to squeeze all the juice out of the remaining pulp. You just can’t do that with a wooden reamer.”
- Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high
- Auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp
- Extra-long Snap-Up spout accommodates more glasses and prevents dripping
- Brushed stainless steel design, Easy-clean dishwasher-safe parts, BPA free
- NOTE: Refer user manual before use
Jamba Appliances Citrus Juicer
If you immediately think “Jamba Juice” when you see this juicer, good call. It’s the brainchild of the widely-known juice chain, and provides the authentic experience of hand-pressing citrus fruits — can lemonade stands make a comeback now? Since Jamba Juice knows a thing or two about juicing, they made sure to give this baby a sleek and easy-to-use design and heavy-duty metal construction. Although this juicer is manual, it does the heavy lifting for you.
This basically eliminates the need for electricity. It comes with an impressive and ergonomic handle, so you can press even the toughest fruits like pomegranates to maximize juice output, while it can also separate seeds and pulp from the delicious juice. The Jamba Juicer comes with a few little extra goodies, like a recipe book filled with juice and pulp recipes and a five-year warranty.
- Enjoy the great taste of fresh citrus juice anytime: lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruits, and more
- Heavy-Duty metal construction for maximum juice yield and outstanding durability
- Simple to use with ergonomic, easy-grip handle
- Parts are removable for easy cleanup
- Stainless steel reamer holds each half of citrus securely and filters out seeds & excess pulp
Smeg Citrus Juicer
Its retro-inspired aesthetic is beautiful and sleek enough for countertop presentation. When not in use, the bowl-shaped Triton plastic lid keeps the stainless steel juicer clean and free of dust. Place a cup or bowl directly under the spout for no-drip dispensing. Toggle the spout up when you need to stop the flow of juice to change cups or containers. This juicer comes in six cool colors: baby blue, green, pink, red, black, and cream. If you like your citrus juicing capabilities to go with you (perhaps to an outdoor bar or the beach), a handheld citrus juicer might be preferable to this electric one.
- Triton cover to protect from dust when the product is not in use. Can be used as a bowl for fruit and peel.
- Stainless steel and anti-corrosive components on the universal and premium reamer and strainer ensure complete squeezing from both small and large fruit.
- The stainless steel, anti-drip spout dispenses the juice directly into the glass or cup. Lift up to interrupt the flow and prevent dripping.
Which Home Juicer Machines To Buy?
We hope our list above with the best juicer for fruits and vegetable reviews can help you select the right product for your needs. If you are planning to start a juicing regimen, these quality products have been proven by many consumers to provide the best performance for an affordable price.