Good Cooking is an art like most artists, the best chefs have a lot of tools to work with. These tools help make their job of creating great dishes easier. When you cook, you need tools as well. One of those tools should be hot plates.
These hot plates will give you an extra burner to create your masterpiece. To find the best of the best, simply keep reading. We will give you the information you need.
TL;DR Best Hot Plates For Cooking
Are you in a hurry?
Let check out these best rated hot plates for cooking.
However, we highly recommend you to go through the buying guide below and details review of each cooking hot plate before making any decisions.
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
How To Choose an Electric Cooking Plate? (in detail)
Use our buying advice to sharpen your knowledge of electric cooking plate and then refer to our reviews to find the best piece for your budget. Your family will thank you at the next gathering session.
The primary consideration when buying a hot plate is the wattage of the heating element. This will determine a lot of how you can successfully use a particular hot plate since generally, higher-wattage hot plates will be better for fully cooking meals or boiling water. If a hot plate’s wattage is too high, however, you have a much greater chance of accidentally burning food, and you may find yourself wasting power or heat.
While all hot plates use electricity to produce heat, buyers now have several options when it comes to heat sources. Ceramic and metal coils tend to be the most common, but glass hot plates with glass surfaces have increased in popularity in recent years. Induction burners are also widely available: these use magnetic fields to conduct heat, but only work with iron-based cookware.
If you’re planning to travel with a hot plate, then portability is an important factor. A double-burner model, for example, will take up a lot more space in a vehicle or suitcase. A ceramic coil model of the hot plate might resist breakage in transit, but is also significantly heavier than other models; a glass-top burner may be more prone to damage but is lightweight and compact enough to fit almost anywhere.
The ability to carefully control temperature is another important consideration when purchasing a hot plate. This can largely depend on both the heating source and wattage of a hot plate, but generally, you should look for a hot plate that won’t overheat or take too long to warm up. If you’re purchasing a double-burner model, you might consider a model with a larger burner for boiling water or fully cooking a one-pot meal, along with a small burner for keeping dishes warm.
Best Rated Electric Hot Plate Reviews
So you already know how to choose an electric hot plate for your kitchen!
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of kitchen hot plate. If you plan to purchase a cooking hot plate online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Cadco CSR-3T Countertop
This Cadco unit is one that is frequently seen in restaurant supply shops and the like, and indeed it has a simple industrial look to it with the full stainless steel body.
The burner on this unit is an 8” exposed coil element. It has an on/off switch and a power light to indicate the burner is on. It also has a dial control for the power adjustment, which is smooth and allows for more precise (or as they call it, “infinite”) adjustment, rather than relying on power levels. The maximum power output is 1500 watts.
Most reviewers really like this burner. People say it works just like a stovetop and have no issue doing any type of cooking with it, which is impressive for a portable unit like this. People also feel that the build quality is very good.
Some people note that it can be difficult to clean food out from under the burner. The burner should pull out but it can apparently be difficult to do so without damaging the unit.
- 8-Inch high speed tubular element
- Robertshaw thermostat with infinite heat control to attain desired temperatures
- On/off rocker switch
- Power light indicates burner is turned on
- Easy to clean stainless housing
Rosewill Induction Cooker
Even though it only has 8 temperature settings, it does have a 3-hour timer, and a large LED display screen. The cooking surface is made of polished crystal plate and is easy to clean.
13 used from $26.59
- 8 Temperature Settings from 150 to 450 Degree : 150 Degree, 200 Degree, 260 Degree, 300 Degree, 350 Degree, 400 Degree, 425 Degree, 450 Degree
- Polished Crystal Plate Surface
- LED Large Screen Display, 4 Digitals
- Three-Hour Timer Setting
- Touching Control Panel
Cuisinart Cast-Iron Double Burner
The majority of reviewers are very pleased and find that they can do a great deal of cooking on this burner. The smaller portion of buyers seems to have received faulty products that either didn’t work out of the box or stopped working properly after a fairly short amount of time.
1 used from $51.35
- 2 heavy-duty cast iron plates for durability. Dimensions(LWH)-5.75 x 22.50 x 15.25 inches
- Powerful 1800 watts of power for quick heat-up and heat retention throughout cooking cycle - primary burner: 1300 watts + Secondary burner: 500 watts
- Two separate 6-setting adjustable temperature controls
- Ready and safety "on" indicator lights. Independent adjustable thermostats with On and Ready indicator lights
Cusimax Double Hot Plate
Two extra burners are better than one. Both elements use 900 watts of power although one is smaller than the other. Two independent controls are located to the left of the hot plate. These controls provide 11 different heat settings.
The cast-iron elements are easy to clean and are housed in a stainless-steel frame.
- [WORKS WITH ALL TYPES OF COOKWARE]: Compatible with pots and pans with maximum size of 7.4 + 6.1 inches. Works with glass and aluminum and heats cookware efficiently with minimal heat loss.
- [2 BURNERS & EASY COOKING]: Conveniently cook a variety of foods such as warm sauces, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese, soup, pasta, vegetables and so much more. It even makes boiling water easier and quicker.
- [CONVENIENT] Very portable design. Ideal for dorm rooms, offices, camping, or even your RV. Great for every day use or as an extra cooking appliance in a busy kitchen. No stovetop required.
Secura Portable Induction Cooktop
The digital control panel has all the buttons you need to operate this hot plate. 15 heat settings, 15 temperature controls, and 170-minute countdown timer. On top of that, there is an error message system and a high/low voltage warning detection system.
1 used from $40.99
- 15 power levels from 200-1800Watts; 15 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit
- Digital control panel; Lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage
- Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; The auto-pan detection; Equipped with diagnostic error message system, Low and high voltage warning system
- Compatible with Duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as cast aluminum enameled iron and steel, stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
Induction is the hot plate of the future. With 10 heat settings (up to 460 degrees F), 10 power settings (up to 1800 watts), you are ready to cook with this unit. Also included is a timer, pan detection system. Unfortunately, you can only use magnetic metal cookware with this hot plate.
12 used from $31.99
- Duxtop induction cooktop uses 120 Volts, 15 amps of electricity - standard in all homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage
- Digital control panel. Built-in Count-down digital timer with 1 min increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 Degree Fahrenheit to 460 Degree Fahrenheit; 10 power levels from 200-1800Watts
- Requires induction compatible cookware. Compatible with duxtop and other induction ready cookware such as stainless steel with a magnetic bottom, or cast iron
Elite Cuisine Electric Hot Plate
A simple burner for simple tastes. This 3 x 9.5 x 9.2-inch hot plate only has 3 heat settings- low, medium and high. The coil burner flips up for easy cleaning. Limited to only 120 volts this is still a good unit for those times you need an extra burner.
- 750 Watts of power for faster cooking
- Adjustable temperature control with Off, Low, Med, and High settings
- Heating element lifts up for easy cleaning of chrome drip pan
- Non-skid rubber feet for stable cooking
Ovente Countertop Infrared Burner
Using infrared technology, this 1000-watt hotplate will heat up quickly. Its ceramic materials make this an easy burner to clean. Along with this, you get 5 temperature settings, an indicator light, and rubber feet.
Your food will cook fast and your counters will be protected. Measuring 8.7 x 8.7 x 2.5 inches, it will fit into any size kitchen.
6 used from $20.82
- HEALTHY & PORTABLE - Hate using a microwave? Have the quality and taste of a homemade meal anytime. It's compact, flat, and weighs 3 lbs., making it perfect for houses and apartments with limited kitchen space.
- HEATS UP FAST - Powered by 120V and 1000-Watts, using the same technology as a modern smooth top electric range, it heats up food quickly without any hot or cold spots.
- VERSATILE - Unlike induction cooktops, all types of cookware work with this burner. But for best results, use flat cookware as close to the size of the burner (7 in. diameter) as possible.
NutriChef Infrared Ceramic Electric Countertop Cooker
NutriChef’s Infrared Ceramic Electric Countertop Cooker is an easy-to-use, well-designed hot plate that works reliably with just about any pots and pans. The heating element both heats and cools quickly, and the glass surface is very simple to clean and won’t get covered in food if you’re using it every day. While it doesn’t have the highest wattage of any hot plate on the market, its ease-of-use and efficient design make it an excellent buy.
- DIGITAL FRONT PANEL: This Professional Electric Countertop Glass Burner Cooker by NutriChef is equipped with Touch Button Controls and Digital LCD Display Screen so you can easily monitor and adjust the timer, watt, and temperature of the burner.
- MANUAL CONTROL: You can manually control the power and temp levels of this kitchen table cooktop. After the ceramic cooker power on, press the temp / watt button to increase / down the power from 200 - 1200W / 176F - 1202F.
IMUSA Electric Single Burner
IMUSA’s Electric Single Burner hot plate uses a classic coil design but incorporates several features that really set it apart from competitors in this price range. It heats up incredibly quickly, and at full power can boil water in a few minutes. It also has several added safety features, including an automatic shutoff function and carrying handles, along with a lightweight design that makes this hot plate easy to take anywhere you go.
1 used from $20.00
- 1,000 Watt Heating Coil
- Stainless Steel Housing and Drip Tray
- Temperature Control Knob
- Non-Slip Feet for Added Stability
- Power Indicator Light
What is the best electric hot plate?
Cooking is a lot of fun.
It gets better when you have that extra burner or two to help you out. Extra one of the hotplates from above is a good start in making your cooking experience better.
You must read all the reviews thoroughly to know the right one of your choice according to your needs. We hope the article helped you in making a fair decision by keeping all the reviews in mind. Think before you spend your money in any use because you have earned it with your hard work and this does not deserve to get wasted in any single form.
So ease up and take your time but do take the right decision for your family and your collection of the kitchen!