Are you in the market for an electric deep fryer? Being able to make your favorite fried foods is a true delight. Electric deep fryers allow you to fry foods indoors and doesn’t require the use of propane. But, you need the right fryer.
TL:DR Top 8 List Of Best Electric Deep Fryer
It has all the features you want for convenient frying. In addition, most of these units are large enough to help you fry family-sized meals in one go. If you are here to look for an electric deep fryer, we say you are lucky, let have a look of the top 8 best electric deep fryers in 2019.
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Pros and Cons Of Countertop Electric Deep Fryer
Advantages Of Electric Deep Fryer
- Easy to use
- Has a lid to contain volatile splattering hot oil
- Deep fryer with basket makes it easy and safer to lower or lift food into or out of the boiling oil
- Odor filter minimizes the smell of oil and frying in the kitchen
- It comes with the luxury of electronic temperature control – easy to control and adjust
- Deep fryer with oil filter feature will auto filter the used oil once oil has cooled down
- Deep fryer with over-heating feature shuts down the machine when oil temperature rises too high
- Indicator light alerts you when oil is ready for frying
- You can deep fry outdoors – no oily mess in the kitchen
Disadvantages Of Electric Deep Fryer
- Single use appliance – can only be used for deep frying
How To Choose Home Deep Fryer?
Before you decide to begin your quest for your new, bright and shiny kitchen appliance, here are nine features to look for when buying a deep fryer.
1. Read the Instruction Manual
This may seem to be an obvious thing to do when first buying a new appliance, but many people do not read the instructions before using a deep fryer, which can ultimately result in a poor product experience.
As well as reading this buying guide, it is a good idea to read the instructions before switching the fryer on. The product has been tested by the manufacturer, so they know the best way to use the fryer to get the best cooking results.
2. Food Capacity
If you are only cooking for one or two people then an air fryer with 1000 or 1500 watts of power should be sufficient, but if you have a large family who enjoys a lot of fried food, then look for a deep fryer that allows for a larger food capacity from 1750 watts of power or a 3.5 liter capacity. Also, look at the size of the cooking basket. Some fryers have a higher wattage, but the basket is small.
3. Adjustable Temperature Settings
Many deep fryers come with an adjustable thermostat that you can control or a digital control selector that monitors the temperature of the oil and adjusts the cooking temperatures accordingly.
An adjustable temperature function is also handy if you are cooking different kinds of food. Not all types of food require the same temperature. Many temperature gauges run up to 375 degree Fahrenheit, which is ideal for cooking large quantities of food or a whole turkey.
A timer is a handy feature, especially if you are cooking a large turkey or a roast. The timer allows you to set the recommended cooking time, so you can just sit back and relax while the machine does all the cooking, and then alerts you when the food is ready to be served. A timer can also make sure that your food is not overcooked and is cooked to perfection.
5. Oil Filter
One of the downsides of cooking fried food is the nasty lingering smell of oil and grease, but there are many models that come with an oil filter that not only filters away any excess oil into a separate container at the bottom of the fryer, but it can absorb the smell of the oil and grease. In particular, charcoal filters are very good at absorbing the smell.
There are also many deep fryers that use an “Easy Clean Oil Drain System”, where the oil is drained from the machine through a hose in the front of the unit.
Be careful with how much oil you use. Some models may leak if you overfill the fryer receptacle with oil. Also, if you use too much oil, your food may not have that authentic crispy skin.
6. Food Basket
To avoid any burns or being splashed by oil or grease, especially when you are cooking a lot of food, look for a deep fryer that has a basket with a cool grip handle.
Some models have a basket that can be lowered into the oil while is the lid is closed, while others have a rotating basket that provides a more even cooking result, which is especially important for cooking a larger piece of meat like a turkey.
A rotating basket uses less oil, is more energy efficient, but you have to make sure that the food does not get overcooked or burned.
7. Easy to Wash
One thing is for sure when it comes to cooking with oil, is the mess of having to wash up. Fortunately, most deep fryers are made with removable parts that are easy to wash, with non-stick surfaces, and some are dishwasher safe.
8. Safety and Extra Features
Just like any electrical appliance, safety features are important. Look for a model that has a securely locking lid, an indicator light that shows you or alerts you when the food is ready.
Some models have skid-free feet that keep the unit secure on your table or counter top, and others have cool-touch surfaces that protect you from the super-hot oil inside the fryer.
Breakaway cords are a good safety feature, where the cord is attached to the unit by a magnet and comes away if the cord is tripped over. You can also safely disengage the cord if there is liquid spilled on it.
The deep fryer’s warranty is a good feature to look out for as well. Some companies offer you a 90 day return or a one year warranty, while others offer a more generous, but limited three warranty.
As deep fryers have been become exceedingly popular for home use, there are so many appliances in all shapes and sizes, but here are seven of the best deep fryers that are available on the market.
Top 8 Home Electric Deep Fryer Review
However, since there are so many home electric deep fryer available in the market today, it can be a hard task to choose the best ones for your needs. That is why we have prepare a list of the Top 8 Home Electric Deep Fryer Review in 2019.
The Breville Smart Fryer
Not only smart but also small, I would recommend this to the lone wolfs and pairs of two out there. It had a solid oil capacity of up to four quartz, meaning that around 2 pounds of food could be cooked at once.
The most striking feature of this model would have to be the mesh filter, which allowed me to cook without having my son begging me to feed him fries! I’m not a magician Jacob, I will get my fingers burned!
The design of the thing is also on a next level, stainless steel curated to not only be as stalwart as it can be but also designed in a way to be easily cleanable after you are done with everything.
2 used from $108.25
- Cool Zone Technology prevents excess burning and extends oil life.Voltage:110 - 120 Volts
- Mesh filter minimizes cooking odors
- Stainless steel frying basket and cooking bowl are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Electronic thermostat allows oil to rapidly recover back to desired frying temp
- 4 quart oil capacity and a 2.5 pound frying basket capacity
Hamilton Professional Deep Fryer with Cool Touch
Hamilton Beach makes generously sized deep fryers for unrivaled versatility. Well, the 35021 model is not an exception, as it boasts a 2-liter oil capacity. This means you will be able to fry mouth-watering foods without experiencing any mess common in most poor quality deep fryers. Best of all, you can lower food into hot oil and then lift it out without opening the lid of the fryer. This fryer also has cool touch sides that will not burn your hands if touched unknowingly.
4 used from $49.97
- 8 CUP CAPACITY. Cooks up to 6 cups of French fries or chicken tenders. Dimensions (inches): 8.58 H x 11.38 W x 13.94 D
- COOL-TOUCH SIDES & BREAKAWAY CORD: Safety features include cool-touch sides that won't burn hands if touched accidentally. A breakaway cord prevents the fryer from tipping over if the cord is snagged.
- LESS MESS. Avoid hot splatters with the lid while still monitoring cooking through the view window. Basket includes hooks for easy, mess-free draining and can be lifted while lid is still on.
Hamilton 4.5L Contertop Deep Fryer
This electric deep fryer has a 4.5-liter oil capacity for optimum versatility. In other words, it boasts an extra-large 12-cup food capacity. Well, this makes it the perfect unit for preparing a family-sized meal. The highly functional 2 baskets allow you to cook 2 different types of food at the same time. This deep fryer also features an adjustable temperature and an adjustable timer with the audible tone. It is easy to assemble, use, and clean.
2 used from $67.29
- Extra-large 12 cup food capacity feeds a crowd
- Double baskets let you cook 2 foods at once
- Adjustable timer with audible tone
- Adjustable temperature,Dishwasher safe
- Easy to assemble, use & clean. NOTE: Refer user manual before use
Proctor Silex Deep Fryer With Basket
If you want to enjoy tasty onion rings, mouth-watering chicken or delicious French fries, the Proctor Silex 35041 Electric Deep Fryer is the unit to go for. It has a 1.5-liter oil capacity, meaning you will find it comfortable to make family-sized meals. It also has a space-saving design that allows you to place it on your kitchen countertop. The Proctor Silex 35041 Electric Deep Fryer is ideal for single-serve portions and delivers 1 – 4 servings.
4 used from $32.59
- Great for single-serve portions
- 1.5 liter oil capacity
- 1-4 servings
- Space-saving size
- Fast frying & heat-up
T-fal Family Pro Electric Deep Fryer
T-fal is confident that you will instantly fall in love with this electric deep fryer. But should you be unhappy with the product, you can return it for a full refund provided it is within one year from the time you purchased it; thanks to the 1-year limited warranty. In addition, the deep fryer has a heating element that quickly recovers to deliver crispy results. It also has an adjustable thermostat to help accommodate many different recipes.
1 used from $33.66
- Adjustable thermostat to accommodate a variety of recipes
- Ready indicator light for correct oil temperature
- Heating element quickly recovers to ensure crispy results
- Lid with viewing windowStainless-steel frying basket; cool-touch handles; magnetic power-cord connector for safety; dishwasher-safe parts
- 1-year limited warranty
Secura Stainless-Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer with Timer
The Secura Electric Deep Fryer comes equipped with 3 baskets and boasts a 4.2-liter capacity. Well, this obviously makes it perfect for frying family-sized meals. Additionally, the deep fryer has an automatically adjustable timer up to 60 minutes to help shut down the heating element. Its heat control can also be adjusted from 250 – 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The see-thru window lid will allow you to monitor the progress of what’s frying inside.
5 used from $47.71
- Fry Fish And Chips At The Same Time. Our cool-touch, stainless steel Deep Fryer comes with 3 fry baskets--one jumbo for big batches of finger-lickin' fried chicken or donuts, plus 2 side-by-side baskets for smaller batches of fish-n-chips, fries-n-onion rings, or for frying foods with different cook times.
- 1700 watt immersion element preheats and recovers oil temperature fast.
- 4.2-liter removable oil tank for easy clean-ups, extra set of odor filters.
DeLonghi Roto Deep Fryer
The Roto Deep Fryer from DeLonghi with 1500 watts of power uses a small amount of oil while still excelling at producing great tasting crispy fried food. DeLonghi has designed this funky black unit with so many great features that will make deep frying a breeze.
The rotating basket is designed to give you an overall high quality and healthier cooking results, and due to the innovative Patented Easy Clean Oil Drain System, the oil can be drained from the machine through a hose in the front of the unit.
There is an adjustable thermostat and a digital timer that is displayed on the control panel, so all you have to do is set the required temperature and time, sit back and relax while the fryer cooks away, and the timer alerts you when the food is ready.
You do not have to worry about any lingering oil smell as the unit has Dual Filtration Replacement Filters, and the condensation shield stops any dripping oil from falling onto the power cord. The pot is made a non-stick material and it is easy to wash.
1 used from $63.72
- Achieve crispier and tastier results with only half the oil Usage by using the tilted rotating basket with 1-1/2 lb. food capacity
- No longer deal with messy, hot oil with the patented easy clean oil draining system
- Check the frying progress while safely avoiding hot oil with the outer cool touch handle
- Adjustable thermostat and indicator light, the temperature can be set between 300 and 370 degrees
- Don't worry about over-frying, just set the digital removable timer and the alarm will go off to remind you to check the food
T-fal Easy to Clean Deep Fryer
This powerful deep fryer with 1700 watts and a 3.5 liter capacity can easily cater for a large family, and it has so many handy features that makes it one of the best fryers on the market. It is a tough cooking machine as the pot is made from non-stick brushed stainless steel and the basket is made from stainless steel mesh.
One of the highlights of this high quality deep fryer is the immersion type heating element that heats the oil fast and keeps the food cooking at an even temperature.
The Patented EZ Clean Oil-filtration System will get rid of those nasty oil smells that are associated with deep fried foods, so that you can serve your food without any worries about any lingering oil or grease smell.
The deep fryer has an automatic “one-step” oil drainage system that drains and stores the excess oil away from your food in a pull-out container.
You can control the temperature with the adjustable thermostat, and the fryer has a viewing window on the lid. The large “stay cool” touch handle is easy to hold and protects you while you lift out the fried food. There is no mess or fuss with this fryer as the unit’s parts are removable and can be washed in the dishwasher.
4 used from $72.66
- Food capacity of the Electric Fryer: 2.65 Pound; oil capacity: 3.5 Liter; 2-position basket for cooking and draining food
- The deep fryer with basket has an immersed heating element for professional results; adjustable thermostat
- Patented automatic oil filtration system with automatic oil drainage system
- Permanent odor filter controls odors and viewing window in lid; dishwasher safe removable parts; handles for easy transportation and storage
Home Fryer: Electric Deep Fryer vs Airfryer
So now that you know a bit more about electric deep fryer.
However health-conscious persons may not be in for mouth-watering chicken wings, delicious French fries, and tasty onion rings, the majority of us are.
Good news is these may be possible with airfyer now! We have compared electrical deep fryer to airfryer.
Check this out before make any decisions.
Taste: Electric Deep Fryer Is Better
If your top priority in fried foods is the taste, then you would want to go with a deep fryer. Although air fryers can produce a crispy exterior similar to a deep fryer, there’s nothing that can replace the real deep fried consistency.
Also with an air fryer you may find certain foods come out more dry than they would if you used a deep fryer. Overall in the category of taste, the electrical deep fryer is the definite winner.
Health: Airfryer Is Healthier
The main concern with deep fried foods is usually health. Because the foods are fully immersed in some type of cooking oil, there is an excess amount of fat added to the foods.
With an air fryer you don’t have to use oil at all or you can just use a fraction of the oil you would normally use, reducing the level of fat in the meal.
When it comes to health, the air fryer wins this category. However, there are ways to reduce the amount of fat in your meals if you prefer a deep fryer.
One of the key ways you can lower the amount of fat in deep fried meals is by making sure your cooking oil is the proper temperature.
If the oil is not hot enough, the outer crust will not be as crisp. The outer layer is what keeps the oil from getting into the inner layers of the food while it is cooking.
If your oil is too hot, the crust will form quickly and more thick, making it harder for the inside of the food to cook. You will likely have to leave the food in longer to make sure it is thoroughly cooked. This gives more time for the oil to seep into the food.
Another tip is to remove the food as soon as it is done cooking. This will also limit the time the oil has to seep into the food.
Versatility: Airfryer Has More Function
If you want an appliance that can do more than just fry foods, then you’ll want to go with an air fryer. You can purchase accessories that will allow you to grill and roast foods. You can even bake desserts with an air fryer.
If you want a device purely for deep frying and you want that crispy deep fried finish, then you’ll definetly want to go with a deep fryer.
The bottom line is if you are in love with deep fried foods and aren’t too concerned with the health aspect then get a deep fryer. If you want a device that can do a bit more than fry foods, and can skip on a bit of the taste in favor of a less fatty meal, then go with an air fryer.