Even if you have a dishwasher, there are some kitchen items you just don’t want to trust in it. For instance, you should always wash your best knives by hand. And, you will extend the life of your cookware by cleaning it with old-fashioned elbow grease.
Dish drying racks are an indispensable tool when doing dishes by hand. They keep your dishes in a holding pattern until you are ready to dry them. Or, you can just leave them to air dry.
Aside from bamboo knife blocks and silicone mats, the most popular materials used to make dish racks are stainless steel and hard plastic. Both materials have their plusses and minuses. Though it generally isn’t an issue, some cheaper brands use stainless steel that is sometimes susceptible to rusting. Plastic dish racks are more likely to break. For the most part, though, you are unlikely to experience these problems when you choose one of the top-rated racks.
When shopping for a dish drainer, pay special attention to its dimensions if you have a small kitchen. You don’t want to end up with a behemoth that dominates your counter space. Yet, if you have the extra room and a large family, one of the bigger models might be preferable.
In this post, we bring you everything you need to get the perfect dish rack for your kitchen. We bring you reviews on the top ten best dish racks in all time. Going through the reviews will give you an accurate insight of what the top models have to offer.
TL;DR Best Dish Racks On The Market
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Best Dish Drying Rack Reviews
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of dish rack. If you plan to buy dish rack online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Rubbermaid AntiMicrobial In-Sink Dish Drainer
Are you looking for a high-performance in-sink dish drainer at an affordable price tag? Could you be yearning to use an advanced modern dish rack model? Then, you should consider the Rubbermaid antimicrobial in-sink dish drainer. It is a product that provides an excellent money for its cost. It features an attractive, stylish white theme that goes well with many kitchen decors. It’s ideal for drying the cleaned utensils and comes with a strong microbial characteristic to maintain your cookware free from molds and bacteria.
You are free to organize your utensils in the best way thanks to its chambered construction design that provides a separate section for flatware and cutlery. It is in convenient size for most kitchens and sinks. You will love its durability.
- Dish drainer. Two built in silverware cups
- Small size fits divided sinks. Holds up to 13 plates and 6 glasses
- Separate area for cutlery and flatware. Plate holders are angled to separate china for quick drainage
- 12.6" x 14.1" x 4.5".
Better Houseware Over Sink Dish Drainer
Simple, at a convenient size, and reasonable price tag, this dish rack is all you have been missing in your kitchen. It’s one of the priceless over-the-sink utensils’ drainers that suits most kitchens and sinks. It comes from a premium grade, long lasting steel, a material that guarantees its long life and excellent usability. It suits most countertops thanks to its low-profile design.
Again, if you have a limited kitchen space, then you will love using this space-efficient dish rack which measures 126.96.36.199 inches. Its reasonable price tag makes it ideal for anyone operating on a strict budget. It’s dishwasher safe and requires little maintenance. It accommodates a good number of the large plates making it a reliable accessory.
2 used from $15.46
- Space Saving Design – This dishrack fits across the kitchen sink to save counter space
- Ventilated Open-Wire Rack – With no need for a tray to catch the water as it drips directly into the sink, dishes and pans dry quickly in this stainless steel coated rack
- Holds Full-Size Plates – The dish drying rack has a small footprint but it holds full-size dishes and pots
- Non-Slip Handles – The handles are coated on this stainless steel dish draining rack, so they will not slip or scratch the sink or counter
Over-The-Sink Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack
Neat-O, a re-known company in the manufacture of excellent kitchen accessories, is the one behind the making of this high-performance and durable dish drainer rack. Right from its look, one can tell that this product has a lot to offer. It features a chrome coating which makes it elegant. It’s an over-the-sink model. It comes entirely from premium grade stainless steel, a material that makes it corrosion and rust resistant.
It provides ample space for the dishes and other vital kitchen cookware of various shapes and sizes. Its design makes it compatible with different types of sinks. If you have a limited kitchen space, then look no further than this dish drainer rack. It will not disappoint your efforts to keep your cutlery clean and organized.
- Fits easily into most sinks, dish rack inner dimensions is 13.00"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H)
- Chrome finish combines elegance with functionality
- Color coated wire base and handle to protect dishes and countertop, also increase stylish
- Inside the sink wired basket measures 13.00"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H) approximately
- Unit measures 20.28"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H) approximately
Umbra Sinkin In-Sink Dish Rack
Rarely will you visit more than three urban homes without citing the Umbra Sinkin Dish Rack? It’s a popular choice for homeowners who appreciate quality, performance, and creativity in the creation of various accessories. It ranks among the best peerless in-sink dish drainer racks that we have on the market so far. It’s not only suitable for homes but also commercial institutions. It comes at a convenient size as it measures 14115.25 inches.
Its interconnected metallic wires and safe plastic make it durable and sturdy to accommodate a large number of utensils. Moreover, its lightweight nature and carry design makes it easy to handle thus ideal for frequent travelers. Its novel in-sink construction design allows it to function well with most sinks. The rubber feet, integrated with this rack shields it from slipping thus maximum safety for your dishes and other cookware.
9 used from $14.16
- ATTRACTIVE LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: Unlike old-fashioned, bulky dish racks, which can be a true eyesore in your kitchen, Sinkin Dish Drying Rack has a clean, sleek design that you’ll barely notice; even when it’s full of dishes
- REMOVABLE CUTLERY & UTENSIL HOLDER: Complete with drainage holes, Sinkin features a utensil and cutlery holder that can be removed or repositioned to suit your individual needs
OXO Good Grips Convertible Foldaway Dish Rack
It is a great rack that comes with fancy features like folding capability which enables you to create enough space to hold large utensils. It has 4 sets of deployable legs to support the weight of a large number of kitchen utensils.
The edges of the rack have holding cups which prevents water from the dishes to drip on the counter. You will not be concerned about having your dishes destroyed through falling since this rack is stable enough and won’t tilt. The rack can hold 4 to 5 dishes.
4 used from $32.41
- Dimensions closed: 19.4 inches x 12.5 inches x 3.875 inches PVC not present
- Plate rack folds down to make room for large bowls, cookware and more
- Legs fold out to elevate Dish Rack and spout opens to drain directly into sink. Open dimensions is 19.4 x 15.5 x 5.125 in inches. Closed dimensions is 19.4 x 12.5 x 3.87 in inches
- Tines hold cups, mugs or wine glasses inside rack to prevent dripping on the counter
Progressive Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer
Ranking among the best dish rack models, this product by Progressive, is exciting to use. It’s an over the sink drainer which features a collapsible design for easy storage and maximum portability. It comes to help you dry and store about ten standard plates in the best way after cleaning. Its price is also affordable to ensure anyone surviving on a small budget is not left out. Its extendable arms are there to offer maximum stability and for ease of use.
All its features are well-developed and robust for maximum durability. The included silverware tray is dishwasher safe and removable for easy storage, portability, and cleaning. The durability and performance of the whole rack are on point and will provide an accurate account of your money.
1 used from $22.04
- COLLAPSIBLE DISH DRAINER: This dish rack has the capacity to Hold 8 plates up to 10 inches in diameter & features a removable silverware tray. It collapses to a third of full size for easy storage.
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE: The rack's arms extend from 16-1/2" to 26-3/4" inches. It measures 16-1/2 by 12-1/4 inches fully collapsed for easy storage under the sink. Perfect for RVs, camping & tailgating!
- FOOD PREP MADE EASY: We offer kitchen accessories that make food preparation faster, easier & more enjoyable, from fruit & veggie choppers to measuring spoons & cups & collapsible storage bowls.
Better Chef 2-tier Dish Rack
If you are looking for a dish drying rack that can keep your utensils well organized, better Chef 2 tier can sort you out. It has various compartments that are suited for specific functionalities. There is a holder for your cups and another for the plates. This ensures you kitchenware becomes easy to access. There are side holders where you can put utensils that didn’t fit in the holder if they are too many.
The material used to make the rack ensures it doesn’t rust. You only need to clean it with soap, and it will look new as you bought it. When it comes to stability, this rack comes with moveable plastic feet which ensures the safety of your dishes and makes the rack portable.
- Side mounting mug stand and cutlery holder
- Sturdy metal construction with an attractive, rust-resistant, chrome plating
- Non-Marring silicone coated feet protectors
- Included plastic draining tray will keep counter dry after use
- Holds up to 18 plates or bowls
Ace Teah Over The Sink Dish Drying Rack
If you have been yearning to get a long-lasting and heavy-duty dish drying rack on the market, then Ace Teah 2-Tier is your best choice. Because it is stainless steel, it doesn’t rust thus having a higher chance to last longer. Also, the rubber feet are upgraded with anti-skidding thus keeping the rack more steady. Moreover, the unit is two-tier with the chopstick, knives and folds holder, utensil holder hooks, S hooks and Cutting board holder. And for that reason, this rack leaves all your cutlery items tidy and clean. Cleaning is done with ease. Buy one today to enjoy the hassle-free dishes drying.
5 used from $45.45
- 【Space Saving】The 2 tier dish rack is convenient to use. It provide more counter space for various utensils and supplies. A great solution for kitchen storage of dishes and bowls
- 【Rustproof】Made of Premium 201 stainless steel material, this dish drainer is rustproof and easy to clean, more heavy duty for long lasting than ordinary ones in the market. Stable bend foot design, it can Bear up to 42 lb
Camco Mini Dish Drainer & Tray
Many reviewers found this small dish rack useful in compact spaces like RVs, like one who writes, “This dish drainer is exactly that we needed for our camper. It is VERY compact and fits in our cabinet neatly.” Another RV owner who “needed it to fit in the sink when not in use” found that this one “fits the bill,” and that its capacity “works for dishes for the two or three of us there are so long as you do dishes after each meal.” It’s also earned itself fans among stationary small-space dwellers, like one who has “a small counter top” and was impressed by how much the rack could hold: “Don’t assume you’ll only be able to put small cups and dishes on it, because full-size dishes do fit on it … It was designed in a compact, efficient way, so that it utilizes every inch of its body, with the cup holders on two sides, and the molded utensil sleeves built inside it.” The result? “I’m very pleased, which is saying a lot, because I’m picky about everything.”
simplehuman Kitchen Steel Frame Dish Rack
Some homes need a larger dish rack, and the Simplehuman Steel Frame is one of the largest we’ve seen. It’s twice the price of our top pick, but that extra cost brings plenty of extra space and sturdiness. In our tests, this rack easily accommodated a Dutch oven, its lid, and some plates from dinner without wobbling or tipping. The rack’s drip-free design and simple rotating-spout system should keep your countertops safe from any water spills. But be warned: All that water collection and runoff can lead to mold, which means more frequent hand cleaning than you would need for our top pick.
1 used from $69.16
- 5-YEAR WARRANTY - We use the best materials and solid engineering so our products will last in tough environments like your home — for years.
- INNOVATIVE DRAINAGE SYSTEM - An integrated drip tray with a swivel spout pivots to keep water flowing directly into the sink, not onto the countertop.
- ANTI-RESIDUE HYDROPHILIC COATING - Causes water to spread so that the plastic tray dries more quickly and prevents residue buildup.
Which Dishes Rack To Buy?
It’s important for every potential buyer of a dish drainer rack to know that not all products that claim to be dish racks are made to meet the required standards. This way, it’s not a surprise to find a homeowner buying an inferior quality product that ends up in disappointment. Be careful when selecting these modern accessories.
We have made the process simpler for you by bringing you the top ten best dish racks reviews. Your choice from the top ten should now be influenced by your budget and personal preferences.