Even if you have a dishwasher, there are some kitchen items you just don’t want to trust in it. For instance, you should always wash your best knives by hand. And, you will extend the life of your cookware by cleaning it with old-fashioned elbow grease.
Dish drying racks are an indispensable tool when doing dishes by hand. They keep your dishes in a holding pattern until you are ready to dry them. Or, you can just leave them to air dry.
Aside from bamboo knife blocks and silicone mats, the most popular materials used to make dish racks are stainless steel and hard plastic. Both materials have their plusses and minuses. Though it generally isn’t an issue, some cheaper brands use stainless steel that is sometimes susceptible to rusting. Plastic dish racks are more likely to break. For the most part, though, you are unlikely to experience these problems when you choose one of the top-rated racks.
When shopping for a dish drainer, pay special attention to its dimensions if you have a small kitchen. You don’t want to end up with a behemoth that dominates your counter space. Yet, if you have the extra room and a large family, one of the bigger models might be preferable.
In this post, we bring you everything you need to get the perfect dish rack for your kitchen. We bring you reviews on the top ten best dish racks in all time. Going through the reviews will give you an accurate insight of what the top models have to offer.
TL;DR Best Dish Racks On The Market
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Dish Drying Rack Reviews
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of dish rack. If you plan to buy dish rack online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Rubbermaid AntiMicrobial In-Sink Dish Drainer
Are you looking for a high-performance in-sink dish drainer at an affordable price tag? Could you be yearning to use an advanced modern dish rack model? Then, you should consider the Rubbermaid antimicrobial in-sink dish drainer. It is a product that provides an excellent money for its cost. It features an attractive, stylish white theme that goes well with many kitchen decors. It’s ideal for drying the cleaned utensils and comes with a strong microbial characteristic to maintain your cookware free from molds and bacteria.
You are free to organize your utensils in the best way thanks to its chambered construction design that provides a separate section for flatware and cutlery. It is in convenient size for most kitchens and sinks. You will love its durability.
- Dish drainer
- Small size fits divided sinks
- Separate area for cutlery and flatware
- 12.6" x 14.1" x 4.5"
Better Houseware Over Sink Dish Drainer
Simple, at a convenient size, and reasonable price tag, this dish rack is all you have been missing in your kitchen. It’s one of the priceless over-the-sink utensils’ drainers that suits most kitchens and sinks. It comes from a premium grade, long lasting steel, a material that guarantees its long life and excellent usability. It suits most countertops thanks to its low-profile design.
Again, if you have a limited kitchen space, then you will love using this space-efficient dish rack which measures 220.127.116.11 inches. Its reasonable price tag makes it ideal for anyone operating on a strict budget. It’s dishwasher safe and requires little maintenance. It accommodates a good number of the large plates making it a reliable accessory.
1 used from $13.66
- Versatile: dish drainer for use on counter or over your sink. Perfect for small kitchens and keeps counter clean and clutter-free
- Space saving: ideal for drying dishes with Limited counter and storage space. Compact and sturdy: holds full-size plates, pots and pans. Sized to straddle part of the sink while the rest is still in use
- Durable: Stainless Steel with Coated non-slip handles and coating on bottom to protect dishes and counter
Over-The-Sink Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack
Neat-O, a re-known company in the manufacture of excellent kitchen accessories, is the one behind the making of this high-performance and durable dish drainer rack. Right from its look, one can tell that this product has a lot to offer. It features a chrome coating which makes it elegant. It’s an over-the-sink model. It comes entirely from premium grade stainless steel, a material that makes it corrosion and rust resistant.
It provides ample space for the dishes and other vital kitchen cookware of various shapes and sizes. Its design makes it compatible with different types of sinks. If you have a limited kitchen space, then look no further than this dish drainer rack. It will not disappoint your efforts to keep your cutlery clean and organized.
1 used from $24.87
- Fits easily into most sinks
- Chrome finish combines elegance with functionality
- Color coated wire base and handle to protect dishes and countertop, also increase stylish
- Inside the sink measures 13.00"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H) approximately
- Unit measures 20.28"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H) approximately
Umbra Sinkin In-Sink Dish Rack
Rarely will you visit more than three urban homes without citing the Umbra Sinkin Dish Rack? It’s a popular choice for homeowners who appreciate quality, performance, and creativity in the creation of various accessories. It ranks among the best peerless in-sink dish drainer racks that we have on the market so far. It’s not only suitable for homes but also commercial institutions. It comes at a convenient size as it measures 14115.25 inches.
Its interconnected metallic wires and safe plastic make it durable and sturdy to accommodate a large number of utensils. Moreover, its lightweight nature and carry design makes it easy to handle thus ideal for frequent travelers. Its novel in-sink construction design allows it to function well with most sinks. The rubber feet, integrated with this rack shields it from slipping thus maximum safety for your dishes and other cookware.
5 used from $16.79
- ATTRACTIVE LOW-PROFILE DESIGN: Unlike old-fashioned, bulky dish racks, which can be a true eyesore in your kitchen, Sinkin Dish Drying Rack has a clean, sleek design that you'll barely notice; even when it's full of dishes
- REMOVABLE CUTLERY & UTENSIL HOLDER: Complete with drainage holes, Sinkin features a utensil and cutlery holder that can be removed or repositioned to suit your individual needs
- MADE WITH DURABLE MATERIALS: Sinkin dish rack is made with durable polypropylene and coated wire. Rubber coated feet ensures it stays in place without scratching your countertop
OXO Good Grips Convertible Foldaway Dish Rack
It is a great rack that comes with fancy features like folding capability which enables you to create enough space to hold large utensils. It has 4 sets of deployable legs to support the weight of a large number of kitchen utensils.
The edges of the rack have holding cups which prevents water from the dishes to drip on the counter. You will not be concerned about having your dishes destroyed through falling since this rack is stable enough and won’t tilt. The rack can hold 4 to 5 dishes.
3 used from $36.75
- Dimensions closed: 19.4 inches x 12.5 inches x 3.875 inches. Pvc not present
- Plate rack folds down to make room for large bowls, cookware and more
- Legs fold out to elevate Dish Rack and spout opens to drain directly into sink. Open dimensions is 19.4 x 15.5 x 5.125 in inches. Closed dimensions is 19.4 x 12.5 x 3.87 in inches
- Tines hold cups, mugs or wine glasses inside Rack to prevent dripping on the counter
Progressive Collapsible Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer
Ranking among the best dish rack models, this product by Progressive, is exciting to use. It’s an over the sink drainer which features a collapsible design for easy storage and maximum portability. It comes to help you dry and store about ten standard plates in the best way after cleaning. Its price is also affordable to ensure anyone surviving on a small budget is not left out. Its extendable arms are there to offer maximum stability and for ease of use.
All its features are well-developed and robust for maximum durability. The included silverware tray is dishwasher safe and removable for easy storage, portability, and cleaning. The durability and performance of the whole rack are on point and will provide an accurate account of your money.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN: Innovative collapsible dish rack with arms that extend from 16-1/2" to 26-3/4" inches
- SPACE SAVING STORAGE: Measures 16-1/2 by 12-1/4 inches. It collapses to ⅓ its original size for easy storage under the sink
- LARGE CAPACITY: Has the capacity to Hold 8 plates up to 10 inches in diameter
- CONVENIENT FOR USING: Features a removable silverware tray
- EASY TO CLEAN: This Dish tub is Dishwasher Safe for easy cleaning
Miusco Dish Drying Rack Featuring Swivel Spout Draining System
Weighing only 4.2 pounds, this is a large dish drying rack that is made of the aluminum frame. It has a great appearance and lightweight courtesy of the construction material. It is also resistant to rust, scratching or collision. It will look new like you bought it for a very long time.
There is a drains board which ensures your dishes dry fast. When you need to move this rack, it is easy since its light. The swivel spout system on this rack ensures you direct the water draining out of the dishes to a sink to avoid creating a mess on your counter. The airflow of the rack ensures you get your dishes dry within no time. When you buy this rack for drying your dishes, you won’t regret.
- NO RUST, NO MOLD: Made with top grade ALUMINUM, which is much lighter, stronger and better rust resistance than other material. Not like stainless steel dish rack, metal wire dish rack, or bamboo dish rack, easy to be rust or grow mold. Aluminmun dish rack will never rust or grow mold, it can be used more than 10 years.
- NO WATER ON COUNTER TOP: Miusco dish rack and drainboard set with swivel spout system drain water directly into the sink, not on the counter top
Zojila Rohan Dish Rack
If you want a dish rack that you’ll never have to replace, you should get the Zojila Rohan. For the steep price, you get a rack made almost completely out of high-quality thick-gauge stainless steel—only the feet are not. It’s compatible with all overmount sinks, even the porcelain ones with the highest lip.
The stainless steel drain tray is the most steeply angled one available and drains more effectively than all of the other racks we considered. Amazingly, the rack was completely dry after five hours, but most others, including the main pick, still had a small amount of water remaining after eight hours. The rack works for any sink and comes with a lifetime warranty. It holds the same amount of dishes as our main pick and runner-up and has a smaller footprint than either of them.
- Stylish contemporary design with great functional features
- Fully high quality, rust proof (18-8) stainless steel 3-piece design with brushed finish drain board and polished rack
- Self draining, does not collect water. Raised on legs to overhang all kitchen sinks
- Loads 13 dishes, 8 tumblers and over 50 cutlery pieces. Can also take pots and pans
- Stays clean and hygienic, very durable and rugged design, life time warranty
Better Chef 2-tier Dish Rack
If you are looking for a dish drying rack that can keep your utensils well organized, better Chef 2 tier can sort you out. It has various compartments that are suited for specific functionalities. There is a holder for your cups and another for the plates. This ensures you kitchenware becomes easy to access. There are side holders where you can put utensils that didn’t fit in the holder if they are too many.
The material used to make the rack ensures it doesn’t rust. You only need to clean it with soap, and it will look new as you bought it. When it comes to stability, this rack comes with moveable plastic feet which ensures the safety of your dishes and makes the rack portable.
- Side mounting mug stand and cutlery holder
- Sturdy metal construction with an attractive, rust-resistant, chrome plating
- Non-Marring silicone coated feet protectors
- Included plastic draining tray will keep counter dry after use
- Holds up to 18 plates or bowls
Farberware 3-Piece Dish Washer
If you are looking for an extra-large dish drying rack for your many utensils, you have the right choice to suit your needs. It can accommodate various kitchen wares of all sizes. You will not have to worry about the safety of your dishes since this rack has a soft and nonslip foot that give it the stability it requires.
There are heavy-duty chrome wires which hold your cups or glasses in place. The self-draining board of the rack is removable, and it takes care of your utensils. There is practically no utensil that you can’t put in this dish drying rack. It is made of a material that is resistant to rust which means it will serve you for a long time to come.
- RUST-RESISTANT WIRES: This dish rack is constructed of satin powder-coated wires that are rust resistant for long lasting use; wires securely hold dinnerware and prevent scratches.
- LARGE BASKET FOR HIGH CAPACITY: Never have the issue of running out of space when washing dishes, featuring a large basket to dry a variety dinnerware, cookware, and flatware.
- 3 COMPARTMENT FLATWARE CADDY: The caddy features 3 compartments for easily organizing and separating flatware and other kitchen tools; removable for easy unloading.
Which Dishes Rack To Buy?
It’s important for every potential buyer of a dish drainer rack to know that not all products that claim to be dish racks are made to meet the required standards. This way, it’s not a surprise to find a homeowner buying an inferior quality product that ends up in disappointment. Be careful when selecting these modern accessories.
We have made the process simpler for you by bringing you the top ten best dish racks reviews. Your choice from the top ten should now be influenced by your budget and personal preferences.